Valentine’s Day is next week! In honor of this upcoming lovey-dovey holiday we’ve decided to choose a deep, brick red for this week’s featured color. ICS 13-7 is a rich shade of bold red with a slightly moody note to it that adds drama and intrigue to any room. Check out a few of our favorite red things and let us know how you would use this color in your home!
Decorating with Red Tips:
- Paint your front door a bright, cheery red to give the exterior of your home a quick and easy update.
- Paint an accent wall a cherry or maroon red to warm the space up. Just don’t go overboard and paint the whole room red or it could result in an overly stimulating room.
- Bring in red accents like throw pillows or blankets for a small splash of warmth.
- Use red in areas of the home that you want to bring warmth and conversation to. Red is a good color for dining rooms, kitchens, and living rooms.
- Bring warmth to the floor with a thick, red oriental rug.
- Add a warm splash of red to your walls by painting shelves or a small bookcase red.
Do you have any red in your home? We’d love to know how you use this bright hue!