Trend-watching is one of my all-time favorite things to do, with fashion, design, décor, music … the list goes on. HGTV recently published their fall design trends, so get ready for season-inspired color, mixing and matching looks, and a few instructional videos for ideas that are sure to spice up your home for the season!
Bring in the hues of the harvest for a rich and welcoming look, with HGTV’s fall color trends:
- Elegantly Bronze: By tying in bronze hues from the ceiling, wallpaper and draperies, you can emit a calming, yet formal atmosphere. An orange and red floral centerpiece brings in familiar fall colors that pop within the room.
- Cultural and Exotic: This formal entryway (right) was given a cultural awakening and a splash of HGTV’s favorite fall hues. The columns display a copper tone also reflected in the floor-to-ceiling draperies. A warm, red Venetian plaster surrounds the focal point of the room: a framed Indian textile. A soft golden wall color tones down the bold orange sofa and red room accessories.
- Bold Additions: A soft, neutral color palette is given a refreshing and fall-inspired burst of color with hues of orange, copper and wine.
- Comfortable and Chic: Chocolate-brown furniture and accessories complement the large pumpkin-orange sofa and surrounding beige walls, for a warm, inviting color palette. An animal-print area rug pulls in the entire palette for a unique and funky twist.
- Splash of Red: A neutral paint color is given a warm splash of color in a modern bedroom. An orange-red tufted headboard complements and brightens the patterned brown bedding and pulls out the red tones in the nightstand and draperies.
- Orange Tones: A fall-inspired orange accent color adds vibrancy to the tan walls and gray fireplace surround. Exotic patterns, colorful fabrics and sheer chocolate-brown draperies make this space elegant and visually appealing.
- A Taste of Wine: Use a vibrant color palette in this hideaway bar tucked under an elaborate staircase. Yellow-green walls soften the deep brown cabinetry and pink-striped barstools. Hues of forest green and wine in the barstool fabric display a warm, seasonal flair.
- Rich Browns: The chocolate-brown wall color adds a gorgeous contrast against the light-wood bookshelves and fireplace surround. Deep-red draperies and coordinating accessories of bright red add a playful pop of color to a traditional living room.
- Rusted Walls: A sheer gold curtain adds instant warmth and privacy to the separated living and dining rooms. A traditional fall color palette of rust, gold, brown and tan make this Asian-inspired space comfortable and soothing.
- Pumpkin and Asparagus: An asparagus-green wall color adds to the eclectic feel of a grand living room. A separate, and warmer, conversation area uses hues of pumpkin orange and brown for a more comfortable and cozy color palette. Orange paisley pillows deliver a touch of contrasting color to the all-white sofas.